Police in Kumasi have arrested four persons for allegedly killing a third year student of Kumasi Polytechnic, in a land dispute at Atonsu S-Line.
Twenty-two year old Alexander Oduro, was on the 8th May, 2013, attacked by unknown assailants in his bedroom at midnight.
His mother and younger brother were also wounded in the onslaught.
Reports say the woman had bought a piece of land from one Yaw Manu for 3,000 Ghana cedis, only to discover the property had been sold to five other people.
She expressed discontinued interest in the transaction, and demanded a refund of her money from the land owners, who agreed to pay her off.
Asokwa Police Crime Officer, ASP Simon Dentah who confirmed the incident Nhyira Fm’s Kofi Asante said, Madam Oduro reported the case at the Central Police Station and the those who sold the land to her were ordered to refund the money to the complainant.
ASP Simon Dentah said after several disappoints, Madam Oduro threatened to invoke a local deity on them for failing to give back her money.
He said the suspects on April 8, 2013, attacked the complainant late in the night killing Alex Oduro, inflicting wounds on his mother and younger brother.
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
It’s shocking people still put a ‘premium’ on money to win elections – Kunbuor
Community Radio told off by Ofcom for playing ‘sexual moaning’ song at 8:20 am
Former US Vice President Walter Mondale dies at 93
Worawora Government Hospital calls for more blood donors
Thousands of Covid vaccines expire in South Sudan
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC was formed to give voice to the voiceless – Antwi Boasiako
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags