Arsenal will host Chelsea in the mouth-watering clash of the Fourth Round of the Capital One Cup. The Gunners needed a penalty shoot-out to defeat West Bromwich Albion last night to set up a titanic clash with Jose Mourinho’s men.
Manchester United progressed to the next round as well after defeating arch-rivals Liverpool 1-0 at Old Trafford. Javier Hernandez scored the only goal of the match, after the Mexican slotted home from close range, meeting a delicious corner from Wayne Rooney.
The Red Devils, courtesy of that victory have set up a date with Norwich City at home. Derby rivals Manchester City defeated Wigan convincingly on Tuesday night and will travel to Tyneside to face Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United in the next round.
North London outfit Tottenham will take on Premier League newcomer Hull City while manager-less Sunderland will face Mauricio Pochettino’s Southampton.
Martin Jol’s Fulham will travel to Leicester City while Championship high-flyer Burnley will entertain West Ham United.
The Gunners last won the competition in 1993 and were runners up to Chelsea in 2007 final. The Blues meanwhile have won this trophy under Jose Mourinho in 2005.
All the matches will be played on 29th or 30th October. Here is the full fixture list:
Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Burnley v West Ham United
Arsenal v Chelsea
Birmingham City v Stoke City
Manchester United v Norwich City
Sunderland v Southampton
Leicester City v Fulham
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain