The Dome-Kwabenya Member of Parliament (MP), Sarah Adwoa Safo, still has to wait with bated breath as her fate as a parliamentarian has been handed to the entire house of Parliament for determination.
This follows a ruling by the Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin, that the Privileges Committee’s report that recommended her seat to be declared vacant is not final.
He explained that the report must be placed before the whole House for a decision to be made.
However, the Majority Caucus has served notice to challenge this ruling by the Speaker.
Tonight, PM Express discusses the Speaker’s ruling on the matter and how long Adwoa Safo could hold on to her seat despite her continued absence from the House.
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. II
- Rotary Club leads medical outreach in Abume
- Niger junta’s PM meets EU envoy amid tension
- Rotary Club of Ho raises ₵250,000 to upgrade Kpando Health Center to Polyclinic Status
- CAF Confederation Cup: Dreams FC to play Sierra Leone’s Kallon in Liberia
- Morocco to spend $12bn on earthquake recovery
- Finding middle ground: The Debate on Disbanding Student-led Traditional and Ritual Practices in Ghanaian Universities
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens faced challenges before Rwanda game – Nora Hauptle
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens beating Rwanda 7-0 satisfying – Nora Hauptle
- Deputy NPA CEO receives 2023 Leadership Excellence Award
- Guinean cycles across six countries for spot at Egypt’s Al-Azhar University
- Venezuela sends 11,000 troops to retake prison
- Poland to stop supplying weapons to Ukraine over grain row
- EC can go to court if it feels frustrated by parliament regarding CI – Andy Appiah-Kubi
- EC doesn’t need a new law to decentralise limited voter registration – Dafeamekpor