The CEO of NutriHealth Foods and Beverages, Boahemaa Ntim, has said that running a business is not gender-sensitive.
Her comment was necessitated by the tendency, on the part of some people, to downgrade women when it comes to business management. They believe that women are not strong enough to handle business.
Speaking on Prime Morning with KMJ, the CEO is of the view that women are more creative, which gives them an advantage over men.
According to her, both genders face similar business handling challenges, hence the need for women to erase the notion and work harder to succeed.
“I don’t think business is really gender-sensitive. The kind of problems that men face, women face them too. Personally, I haven’t had issues because I’m a woman. I think as women, we’re very strong, and that’s an advantage,” she said.
She believes that every business is prone to struggles, not because of gender but due to the fact that human beings are bound to make errors.
Madam Boahemaa further added that the creativity used by women in managing their homes becomes their strongest asset in handling a business.
Even though home chores, responsibilities towards children and pregnancy may be hindrances along the line, she still believes women can be up to the task.
Using herself as an example, she narrated how she persevered and endured in managing her tea business during her pregnancy.
She is confident that if women reject the notion that they require special skills to succeed, they will be able to compete with men.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display