The families of the four girls who were kidnapped between July and December 2018 are demanding speedy prosecution of their kidnappers.

They want those responsible for the death of their girls punished as the Sekondi High Court prepares to deliver its judgment today, March 5.

This follows the end of the submission by the defence lawyers of suspects, Samuel Udeotuk Wills and John Oji.

The journey so far

Between July and December 2018, four Takoradi girls went missing.

The victims; Ruth Abakah, 19; Priscilla Blessing Bentum, 21; Ruth Love Quayson,18 and Priscilla Koranchie, 15 were captured at Kansawurodo, Butumagyebu, Nkroful Junction all in Sekondi-Takoradi of the Western Region.

On January 4, 2019, after months of fruitless checks, relatives, friends and some residents went on a demonstration demanding justice.

“The Police have not said anything to us, so we don’t know if they are working on it or not,” a worried parent told the media during the demonstration.

This led the Western Regional Police Commander, DCOP Vincent Redeemer Degir to hold a first official press conference on the matter. Giving information about how the kidnappings occurred.

The story, thus, caught national attention.

Residents of Takoradi begun a series of protests to draw more attention to the saga and to put pressure on the police to investigate the matter.

The then Criminal Investigations Department (CID) boss, Tiwa Maame Yaa Addo Dankwah visited the families on January 26 with words of hope and safety of their children.

At a press conference on April 2, 2019, Madam Addo Dankwa assured families that the police knew where the girls were.

“Together with the BNI we have worked very well and currently know where the girls are. I am unable to give the details because we don’t want to compromise their safety. The assurance to the family is that they should keep on keeping on,” she told the press.

 However, that was not never to happen. Parents of the girls accused her of deceiving them.

Still searching for the girls, the police finally discovered their bones in a septic tank in the house of the lead suspect, Samuel Udeotuk Wills.

Subsequent DNA test confirmed that they were indeed the remains of the girls.

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) James Oppong-Boanuh indicated that suspects, Samuel Udeotuk Wills and John Oji confirmed kidnapping the girls after years of court proceedings.

The seven-member jury are after hearing the case are to produce their verdict today for the judge, Justice Richard Adjei-Frimpong to make an official pronouncement.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.


DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.