The father of one of the three kidnapped Takoradi girls has said he will not participate in any forensic tests aimed at revealing the identity of some human remains discovered recently.
Mr Koranchie, told Joy News’ Kojo Yankson in an interview that until the many yet-to-be-answered questions boggling his mind gets cleared by the police, his family will not submit themselves for any checks.
“Mr. Brian Acheampong (Minister of State in charge of National Security) and the CID boss (Maame Tiwa Addo-Danquah) have all confirmed to us that the girls are alive and are in safe hands. They said they are doing all they can to go and rescue them,” the distressed father said.
He added that “For them to turn around and tell us that they have found some bones in a certain manhole…we don’t believe it. I don’t believe whatever is going on so I cannot avail myself to the DNA test that will be done. This is my decision.”
Mr Koranchie is the father of Priscilla Mantebea Koranchie, 15, who was the last of the three girls kidnapped last year.
Ruthlove Quayson, 18 and Priscilla Blessing Bentum, 21 also disappeared months apart.
Police made a major breakthrough on Friday when a suspect being held in connection with the kidnapping, Samuel Udeotuk-Wills, led investigators to his former home at Kasaworodo in the Western region capital where some human remains were taken from a septic tank.
Following this discovery, police visited families of the three girls who agreed to cooperate with them and assist with investigations with DNA tests.
But Mr Koranchie has made a u-turn.
He says his family will no longer partake in any such checks because they do not trust the information police have given them.
The distraught man although he agreed with the initial plan, “after pondering over the whole issue, I have come to realise I don’t believe my daughter is dead. Or that the skeletons found in the cesspit can be that of my daughter.”
Watch the interview in the video below: