Audio By Carbonatix
The Interior Minister, Muntaka Mohammed Mubarak, has pledged to address concerns regarding excesses in ongoing operations, assuring the public that a thorough review will be carried out to determine appropriate actions.
This follows growing public outcry and demands for accountability after a team of heavily armed National Security operatives raided Dr Addison’s Roman Ridge home on March 19 in Accra.
The incident, which saw officers disabling CCTV cameras and ransacking the property, has raised concerns about due process and the motives behind the operation.
Meanwhile, Deputy Attorney General Justice Srem Sai has explained that all the searches carried out so far were lawfully carried out with proper warrants.
Read also: Armed operatives storm former BoG Governor’s home at dawn, demand ‘vaults’ and seize vehicles
Speaking to JoyNews' James Avedzi on the sidelines of the Police Regional Commanders' Conference, Mubarak acknowledged that while much of the activity being carried out is legitimate, there are occasional excesses that need to be addressed.
"We will look at the magnitude of the excesses, and based on that, we will know what to do. I will not be able to stand here and tell you the exact level, but I have asked for a report," he explained.
Mubarak further assured that following the review, measures would be taken to ensure that identified excesses are properly dealt with.
Meanwhile, the Minister says he's yet to confirm the arrest of the former head of the National Signals Bureau.
"Looking at it, we will try to see how to fashion it to make sure that those excesses are taken out," he added.
While Mubarak acknowledged the legitimacy of most of these actions, he recognised the need for oversight and corrective measures to prevent any overreach.
"Believe me, most of the things they are doing are legitimate, but sometimes it comes with some excesses, which we are taking out," Mubarak said.
Latest Stories
-
IOM, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd partner to boost financial literacy for Ghanaian returneesÂ
2 minutes -
Fact-based response to misleading narratives on JG Resources Ltd’s gold trade dispute
8 minutes -
GNFS prevents petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
27 minutes -
Hindsight: Garbage in, garbage out
28 minutes -
Gender Ministry condemns alleged digital sexual exploitation by foreign national, vows legal action
46 minutes -
‘We realised the mess left behind’ – Asiedu Nketia blames Akufo-Addo gov’t for cocoa crisis
55 minutes -
Suspect in Zebilla police robbery and murder arrested
58 minutes -
‘I am safe and recovering well’ – Mohammed Sukparu reassures public after accident
1 hour -
Bawumia thanks liaisons nationwide
1 hour -
Africa must industrialise through green transition – AGN Chair
1 hour -
Ghana’s economy still vulnerable to commodity swings and global tightening – PwC warns
1 hour -
GCAA asked to prioritise airspace safety
1 hour -
CPC welcomes 50% local cocoa processing directive
1 hour -
AU Summit: Mahama, UN Chief discuss African security
1 hour -
DOPASS students eat in an open shed
2 hours
