Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana international Sulley Muntari has rebuffed rumours linking him with a return to the English Premier League after a bittersweet campiagn with Italian giants Inter Milan last season.
Muntari was part of Inter's success story in his first season at the San Siro and he is targeting cementing a starting role at the club for the coming season.
The 24-year-old is part of Inter Milan's pre-season training in the United States and refuses to be dragged in the summer transfer links.
"I have a contract with Inter for the next three years - I am here and I will not be moving. From yesterday we began this important period of preparation and it's very important, all is well," he told Sky Sports.
The midfielder won his first scudetto but claims manager Jose Mourinho is in dire need of the Uefa Champions League.
"Since he is a great champion he does not want to settle for what we achieved last year," he added.
"Mourinho is very clever. He is our coach, but especially our leader. If he starts sending the right signals, we will react and work well, very seriously as usual."
Source: ghanasoccernet.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
12 minutes -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
53 minutes -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
1 hour -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
1 hour -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
1 hour -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
2 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
2 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
2 hours -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
2 hours -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
2 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, calls for urgent environmental action
2 hours -
TMA holds first ordinary meeting, discusses development, challenges, progress
2 hours -
PAC calls for closure of livestock market near the national mosque
2 hours -
Security agencies don’t need my permission to arrest you – Speaker Bagbin to MPs
2 hours