NPP 2016 flagbearer Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his running mate Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia head a list of top NPP politicians who abstained from voting on the suspension of National Chairman,Paul Afoko.
Six out of 77 members present at Thursday's National Council meeting abstained from the vote that effectively sidelined the elected National Chairman from influencing party direction.
The abstentions included Subin MP and former presidential aspirant Isaac Osei and NPP regional secretaries of Brong Ahafo and Volta regions Alfred Annye and Joseph Homenya respectively.
The embattled General Secretary Kwabena Agyepong also did not vote but announced the decision that has sent Paul Afoko mulling court action to reverse the decision.
The National Council which is NPP’s second highest decision body affirmed the National Executive Committee decision to suspend Paul Afoko indefinitely.
A total of 70 votes, six abstentions and one dissenting vote nailed the suspension coffin of the embattled chair.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Hubtel extends operations to the Northern Region
- NACOC seizes Amphetamine tablets concealed in café worth $1.4m
- GRA to focus on Hospitality and Tourism Sector during festive season to rake in revenue
- COVID Levy: People feel scammed – Kofi Bentil
- Sam Jonah: Extractives, climate change and energy transition: what the future holds for Africa
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- Adidas’ in-ball sensor confirms Ronaldo didn’t score World Cup “hair goal”