Travelling around Africa is an experience in itself. From wildlife trekking to luxury safaris and expensive flights, the costs can quickly add up making it impossible to stay within an affordable budget.
Fortunately, there are some of Africa’s most popular destinations that are budget-friendly and you do not need to break the bank to visit. Jumia Travel shares affordable African countries to visit on a budget!
If you’re a beach lover and you are searching for an affordable African island getaway, then we recommend Zanzibar. You can spend your time exploring this island’s history, rich culture, and some of best beaches in the world. This said, your visit to the country is incomplete if you do not check out Zanzibar Stone Town and Prison Island.
Budget travel and Egypt might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of this northern African country. But it’s a cheap African country to visit if you’re on a budget. You will have more money to spend on visiting the pyramids or even travelling further and scuba diving in the red sea.
Featuring national parks, museums, tourist sites and safaris, a trip to Nairobi, Kenya won’t disappoint for those looking for cheap African countries to visit. The best part is that Nairobi is within close driving distance to the popular Giraffe Centre which is more than enough reason to be there.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopia is the gateway to ancient place mixed in with its growing metropolis Addis Ababa. The capital is Africa’s fourth largest city and it features some of the country’s best museums and traditional food.
Lagos is Nigeria’s commercial capital and one of Nigeria’s most affordable and famous destinations. The city offers so much notwithstanding if you are a leisure or business traveller. Among other things, the nightlife is groovy and fantastic as there are so many places to indulge and relax at the same. It is ultimately affordable to visit.
Rwanda’s tragic past, rich culture and incredible wildlife make it one of the most exciting places to escape to in Africa. Kigali is the pulse of the country’s cultural attractions. With its genocide memorials and thriving art scene, it’s a must-visit for history and culture lovers. Of course, it is also one of the cheapest African cities to visit.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Asafo Market on fire again
- The death of Christ is not a myth but a fact – Mensa Otabil
- Ghanaians hail National Chief Imam for joining Easter Service
- Decomposing body of former High Court judge retrieved from residence
- Otumfuo@20: Ya-Na Mahama's arrival blocks Manhyia traffic
- Photos: Thrilling Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen rounds to a close with thousands in attendance
- Ghanaian scholar appointed 15th President of Millersville University
- Chinese people keep trying to throw metal coins into airplane engines for good luck
- 'Year of return': Hundreds of African-Americans resettle in Ghana
- Ghana Writers’ Conference 2019 opens in December
- In Pictures: Climax of majestic Otumfuo@20 anniversary
- Otumfuo@20: Colourful Asante culture on display as firing of musketry greet patrons
- 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen underway
- JoyNews gets result: Maternity centre near completion at Mangotideke
- In pictures: Second inferno wreak havoc at Kumasi market