Audio By Carbonatix
Former President John Mahama says the next NDC government will ensure the prosecution of all persons alleged to have engaged corrupt deals and misappropriations under this government.
He said mismanagement and corruption could be blamed for the economic hardship the country is facing currently.
According to him, the NDC will ready to deal with the canker aptly.
“We are saddled with debt, and we have been downgraded by every rating agency, and inflation has gone off the roof, sending people into abject poverty and misery.”
“It had never been my wish for political opponents to fail, but this NPP government has refused to listen to contrary views, leading to the roll-out of poorly thought-through programmes, which have taken a toll on the economy and the public purse.”
The former President made this known when he addressed hundreds of NDC faithful, ward and branch executives at separate engagements at Dzodze and Aflao in the Ketu North and South constituencies, respectively, as part of his three-day campaign tour of the Volta Region.
Mr Mahama said the government had been clueless and, in many ways, insensitive in the management of the economy leading to job losses, high unemployment rates and poverty.
He said his vision was for Ghana to develop, irrespective of who or which government was in power.
Former President Mahama is contesting the NDC’s flagbearership race with Dr Kwabena Duffuor, a former governor of the Bank of Ghana, Mr Kojo Bonsu, a former Mayor of Kumasi, and Mr Ernest Kwaku Krobea, a UK-based Ghanaian businessman.
He urged all NDC faithful especially the delegates, who would be voting in the party’s presidential and parliamentary primaries in May, this year, to do the needful by voting for the right individuals capable of delivering on their mandate and with everyone in unison.
“So that together we can wrest power from the NPP and restore hope and dignity back to our people.” Mr Mahama is expected to tour other constituencies in the region, accompanied by some national, regional and constituency executives.
Earlier on Thursday, March 2, he launched his flagbearership campaign at the University of Health and Allied Sciences in Ho, on the theme: Building the Ghana that We Want Together.”
Latest Stories
-
Kingsford Boakye-Yiadom nets first league goal for Everton U21 in Premier League 2
7 minutes -
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
2 hours -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
3 hours -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
3 hours -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
3 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
3 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
3 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
4 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
4 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
4 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
4 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
4 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
4 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
5 hours
