The 2021 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) produced by Primetime Limited and sponsored by the Ghana Education Service (GES) is gradually coming to a successful end.
But before Ghana witnesses one of its most exhilarating and fiercest grand finale come Friday, November 26, nine schools will have to battle it out today, Tuesday at the semi-final stage.
The quest for glory and an enviable trophy will see six-time champions, Presec-Legon, defend its current title against underdog Chemu SHS and formidable St Peter’s SHS.
After eliminating St Augustine’s College from the race, Chemu SHS has been pegged to deliver another unexpected blow.
However, such dreams may be dashed since the defending Odadie boys and three-time champions St Peter’s throughout the contest have exhibited intense dominance.
Since Presec-Legon started defending its title, it has not ended a contest with less than 70 points. It has made the highest score so far. This is a contest for the survival of the fittest.
The second contest for the day will have Keta SHS, Wesley Girls’ High School and Tamale SHS throw in their very best to prove their worth.
These schools are making their appearance at the semi-final stage after a remarkable showdown at the one-fourth stage.
Armed to the teeth, they will rock shoulders, surmount each other’s forts in all five rounds just to avoid the “better luck next time” comment from Quiz Mistress Professor Elsie Effah Kaufmann. At this stage, “Congratulations, you have qualified for the final” is all these contenders seek to hear.
The last but certainly not the least contest to give Ghanaians the certainty of which schools they can rest their hope in as well as their fervent prayers will feature KNUST SHS, and Prempeh College who is hopeful of taking a fourth trophy and Opoku Ware School.
Opoku Ware School has already chalked two wins and hopes to make a third but for KNUST SHS, this is their one-time opportunity to hoist their flag so high with honour, hence the final contest will be a clash of the titans.
The broadcast of the much-anticipated contests will be brought to you by JoyNews and supporting partners.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM cards – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day