The Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has commissioned a new radio station called Naya Radio by the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) in Yendi in the Northern Region.
At a ceremony on Monday, the Ofoase Ayirebi MP announced said government, together with the state broadcaster were working together to set up six new radio stations in each of the new regions.
The Miister said the establishment of Naya radio was part of projects approved by cabinet to beef up developments in Yendi and the Dagbon State.
“Our expectation as Naya radio opens is for it to provide an avenue for the opening of business and opportunities for the good people of Yendi,” he said.
Chairman of the National Media Commission, Yaw Boadu Ayeboafo, charged staff of the radio station to be mindful of what information to broadcast in order not to create tension and bring confusion.
“I want to caution you to sift and be mindful of what kind of information to broadcast” he advised.
The Director-General of GBC Prof Amin Alhassan in his remarks assured stakeholders of professional programming.
He was hopeful that the establishment of GBC Naya Radio will bring opportunities and prosperity for the youth of Yendi.
Earlier the Information Minister led a government delegation to pay a courtesy call on the overlord of the Dagbon Kingdom, Yaa Naa Abubakari Mahama ll at the Gbewa Palace.
- Provisional 2021 WASSCE results released with 3,667 candidates’ withheld
- 9 dead, several others injured in accident at Gindabuo
- NSMQ 2021: ‘Learn to lose graciously’ – Primetime replies Presec on ‘raw deal’ claims
- 2021 WASSCE: Over 45% of candidates failed in Maths and English Language
- Police issues warrant for the arrest of Nhyiaeso MP
- ‘E-levy is not compulsory; if you don’t want to pay, don’t do ‘MoMo’ – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Prempeh College’s interactive screen was locked through no fault of theirs during NSMQ finale – Primetime Limited reveals
- 2 new banks coming soon – Banking Consultant
- GOIL withdraws from Association of OMCs over accusations of government interference in fuel price review
- Adinkra Pie CEO, wife visit Otumfuo
Inflation to remain elevated in coming months – Report
Meet the Nigerian artist illustrating the human experience with a ballpoint pen
Ethiopia war: UN halts food aid in two towns after warehouses looted
Congratulations on your sterling 2021 WASSCE performance – GES to candidates
What is social media saying about Carlos Ahenkorah’s E-levy comment?
Ex-military man shoots 2 children over rent issues with their father
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations
Mentally challenged persons invade Anaji M/A school
Burkina Faso president dissolves government
What makes a grandmother’s love so special?
Covid vaccines: Why is Nigeria unable to use its supply?
Akufo-Addo never directed GOIL to reduce its fuel prices – Egyapa Mercer
National Road Safety Authority engages church leaders on ‘Stay Alive’ campaign
Africa needs China and the US to work together
Former Malawi minister and central bank boss arrested