Ghanaian player Osman Bukari has defended his imitation of Cristiano Ronaldo’s iconic ‘Siuuu’ celebrations after scoring a late consolation in the team’s 2-3 loss to Portugal.
It follows concerns on social media that the celebration was disrespectful towards Ronaldo – who usually celebrates his goals by jumping up while rotating in mid-air and lands shouting “siuuu”.
But in Twitter posts, Bukhari dismissed the concerns as “incorrect”‘
He said he “was overcome by the emotion of the moment of scoring for my country on my World Cup debut”.
“My upbringing doesn’t permit me to be disrespectful to elders let alone one of my idols,” he added.
I have noticed my celebration today has generated comments claiming I was disrespectful towards Ronaldo— Osman Bukari (@OsmanBukari9) November 24, 2022
This is incorrect. I was overcome by the emotion of the moment of scoring for my country on my World Cup debut leading to my celebration.
My upbringing doesn’t permit me
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road