Some life insurance companies are making a case for a remunerative benefit to be offered to the policyholder after every three months under their life insurance policy.
Also known as No-Claim Bonus (NCB), Acting Head of Metropolitan Life Insurance (MetLife), Emmanuel Oteng Tuffour says active policyholders deserve some motivation.
Speaking at the launch of a Family Financial Wellness Plus product and Whatsapp Chat Bot named ‘Yaa’ for current and potential policyholders of MetLife, he said MetLife Insurance is making a case for a remunerative benefit offered to the policyholder after every three months under their life insurance policy.
According to him, active policyholders deserved some motivation, hence the innovation.
“We believe that you don’t necessarily have to make a claim. So you benefit if you also sign up to the product for that period that you have not actually not made a claim. This is also an opportunity for you to make some cashback benefit.”
Also known as No-Claim Bonus (NCB), it is a modest way through which the insurance company rewards the policyholder for having a claim-free year. Under this benefit, a monetary benefit is provided to the insured if no claims are raised in the previous policy tenure.
The FFW product has assorted benefits including Death Benefit, Permanent Total Disability Benefit, Temporary Disability Benefit, Critical Illness Benefit, Cashback Benefit as well as Survival Benefit.
Mr. Tuffour believes product development is the surest bet to improving insurance penetration
For his part, the Board Chair of the company and Managing Partner of CFY Partners, Charles Akun Egan, said life insurance should no longer be ‘business as usual.’
“They must think out of the box and be innovative around the tripod of Products, People, and Platforms to enhance their competitiveness”.
Meanwhile, CEO of KEK Group, Shaibu Ali has allayed fears product innovation in the insurance sector will serve as disincentive to brokers.
“A lot of us brokers are getting on board the technology platform so that we will be able to also interact with the customers on these same products. We are complementing each other.”
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko