The counter-terrorism division of the police has arrested nine members of a highly sophisticated and armed land guard syndicate.
The gang engaged a fierce gun battle with the police at Kokrobite, a suburb of Accra, on Friday afternoon.
There were no casualties but the police say the fighting went on in the open for more than two hours before police subdued them.
Some item seized from them includes a short-barrelled gun, drone for monitoring, TV monitors, scissors, machetes, cartridges, mobile phones, tramadol and marijuana.
The police are pursuing others who are said to be connected to the gang.
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
Obour reacts to Mark Okraku Mantey’s deputy ministerial appointment
Senior U.S. commerce official discusses trade partnership with Ghanaian businesses
Some 33 immigrants from West Africa deported for using unapproved routes
Dam serving about 3900 residents of Yoggu dries up
Consultants who overprice road projects will be prosecuted – Roads Minister
Sekondi-Takoradi to have a dual carriage road
Fate of AirtelTigo must not be like most government parastatals – Sam George
African countries at risk of major measles over delayed vaccination exercise, WHO says
Joe Biden commits to slashing US greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030 – nearly doubling its previous target
New Ayoma JHS ‘A’ classroom block in a dilapidated state
I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
Vicky Wireko: Invasion at ring road central – Is making Accra cleanest in jeopardy?
Operations Vanguard arrest 4 illegal miners
Kofi Adu Domfeh: Kumasi, a Garden City failing to groom its green spaces