Former President, Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings and his wife Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings have led a powerful delegation to visit the Volta regional towns of Dzita, Kplortorkor, Daakordzi, Atokor and Adzido affected by the devastation of the sea a few days ago.
Ex-President Rawlings, touched by the plight of the affected people, donated foodstuff to alleviate their plight.
The delegation was made up of the former NDC presidential aspirant, Mr. Eddie Annan; Squadron leader Clend Sowu; the NDC National Deputy Youth Organiser, Mr. Kofi Adams; Madam Bertha Amenuvor; Hon. Dan Abodakpi; Mr. Chris Ackumey; Hon Haruna Iddrisu and the Volta Regional Chairman, Mr Modestus Ahiable.
The delegation was later joined by the son of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Mr Sekou Nkrumah and his wife; MP for Ave Avenor, Hon. Doe Adjaho and Mr Ludwig Hlodze of the NDC national secretariat at a mammoth rally at the Anloga organised by the Southern Volta NDC Youth.
Ex-President Rawlings said unity was key to a successful election and reiterated the fact that no one is born to be a slave to anyone.
“The NPP has reduced us to servants. Let’s make 7th December 2008 a 99 per cent victory. If we give it to them this time we will not be servants but slaves. Even though Hon. Dan Abodakpi served prison term and we are not, you can not tell me that the food we eat here is far better than that of the prisoners,” he said.
- 2023/24 GPL: Eric Bosomtwi stunner for GolStars beat Asante Kotoko to first defeat
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola