Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has announced the death of his baby son on Monday.
Ronaldo and his partner, Georgina Rodriguez, had been expecting twins.
“It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away,” the 36-year-old Ronaldo wrote. “It is the greatest pain that any parent can feel. Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness. We would like to thank the doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support. We are all devastated at this loss and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time.”
Ronaldo and Rodriguez have a three-year-old daughter together and the Portugal international has three children through a surrogate.
Ronaldo played in United’s 3-2 win over Norwich City on Saturday, scoring his second hat-trick of the season.
His status for the Red Devils’ match on Tuesday at Liverpool is unknown.
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks