Audio By Carbonatix
Sean “Diddy” Combs has sold a majority stake in Revolt, the media company and television network he founded in 2013, according to the company.
Revolt, a Black-owned multi-platform media company, has announced its largest shareholder group is now its own employees.
In a press release, a spokesperson for Revolt said that the new ownership model ensures that employees who are driving the company’s growth can also benefit from its success, aligning with an emerging industry trend of equity participation.
“Today, we are most proud of the transformation that our teams will experience as they shift from being employees to owners of the business they are helping to build,” CEO Detavio Samuels said in a statement on Tuesday. “Black culture is global culture, and Revolt’s superpower is being the home for creators that move culture globally, allowing us to build the most powerful storytelling engine for Black voices.”
A spokesperson for Revolt said that shares held by Combs have been “fully redeemed and retired.”
Representatives for Combs did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment.
Combs stepped aside as chairman of Revolt in November, after he was named in several civil lawsuits in which he has been accused of sexual assault and other illegal activity. Combs has vehemently denied claims from many of the civil suits but has not responded to all of the allegations.
Last month, CNN published a 2016 surveillance video that showed Combs physically assaulting Cassie Ventura, a former girlfriend who filed a now-settled civil suit against Combs in November 2023.
Combs apologised for his actions in the video nearly two days after CNN’s report was first published.
Meanwhile, federal investigators are preparing to bring accusers of the music mogul before a federal grand jury, according to two sources familiar with the probe — signalling the US Justice Department is moving toward potentially seeking an indictment of Combs.
Federal investigators are also looking into allegations of money laundering and illegal drugs, CNN previously reported.
Revolt Media was founded by Combs in 2013 with the intention of highlighting Black culture and hip-hop.
Latest Stories
-
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
17 seconds -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
17 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
21 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
23 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
27 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
34 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
34 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
40 minutes -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
53 minutes -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
55 minutes -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour -
Dress properly for visa interviews; it can influence approval – Ghana’s Ambassador to US urges
1 hour -
Mahama unveils plans for second phase of ‘Big Push’ road programme for 2027
1 hour -
President Mahama assures Savannah Region of imminent electrification works
1 hour -
National Service Authority open to strategic partnerships – Ruth Dela Seddoh
1 hour