The Chairman of the Association of Small Scale Industries (ASSI) in the Western Region, Mr. Douglas Turkson has urged metropolitan, municipal and district assemblies to empower their members through education, sensitization and orientation programs to make them more responsible in their planning and development activities.
He said Small Micro Enterprises need coaching to make them attractive to enable them access loans, as well as for police makers to take them serious and put in place measures to cater for their needs.
Mr. Turkson was addressing a workshop on Small and Micro Enterprises in Takoradi in the Western Region on Tuesday.
It was to address the challenges that SMEs of the Western Region face and also create a favorable environment for sustainable development of SMEs.
He acknowledged that the Western Region is now at the center of major development opportunities that require well thought-out sustainably initiatives to enable entrepreneurs maximize the benefits that would accrue from the emerging oil and gas industries.
He noted that SMEs can function as suppliers to large companies and thus serve as a major source of revenue to the local government authorities.
Mr. Turkson attributed poor financing of SMEs operation to lack of proper record keeping.
Story by Anita Eshun/Aseda Fm
- Education Minister fingered in $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training scandal
- Another rainstorm to hit Accra, Cape Coast, and other towns tonight – GMet
- ‘Owoo family does not exist in Osu; it is a scam’ – Member of Osu stool
- Otto Addo names Ghana squad for Madagascar, CAR and four-nation tourney
- Remove structures obstructing free flow of water immediately – Akufo-Addo charges MMDAs
- I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
- Some Christian leaders are not speaking against pervasive corruption because they have been bribed – Prof Martey
- Songs Akufo-Addo should have on his playlist if he truly cares
- More public officers are going to be caught in this web – Martin Kpebu on investigations into Sir John’s will
- ‘Is dumsor back or not?’ – Ghanaians argue on social media
WAFU U17 Zone B: Ghana to host Nigeria in opening game
Akufo-Addo is well aware of my condition – Adwoa Safo
African leaders signal support for African Development Bank’s emergency food production facility
Make AfDB preferred multilateral financier of Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
I’ve not given up on NPP, I’m still committed to the President – Adwoa Safo
Akufo-Addo is the only person who can sack me – Adwoa Safo
Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
Low income earners tend to be at higher risk of developing stroke – Health expert
Lands Minister requests information on all transactions affecting Achimota Forest
I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
Mmofraturo Girls School gets new toilet to improve hygiene and sanitation
6th Ghana CEO Summit to focus on digital leadership for digital economy
Inflation is not only the problem; address weak structural fundamentals of economy – IEA to government
‘We are equal and should be treated same’ – Kuami Eugene reacts after Edem opens up on discrimination