Audio By Carbonatix
The acting Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr Rashid Pelpuo, has assured the Black Queens that government will provide the necessary logistics to ensure they succeed in the upcoming WAFU tournament.
The minister gave the assurance at the Ghanaman Excellence Soccer Academy camp, Friday, when he paid the Queens a surprise visit on his way back to Accra after delivering the keynote address at the opening of a three-day delegates congress of the Young Men Christian Association (YMCA).
The visit was to afford Mr Pelpuo the opportunity to interact with the players and officials of the team, as well as introduce himself to them after assuming office a month ago.
He commended the Queens for the commitment they had so far exhibited and urged them to remain focused as they prepare to participate in the WAFU tournament slated for September/October in Nigeria.
He advised them not to rest on their laurels as they strive to bring honour to the nation, while marketing themselves for a possible opportunity to ply their chosen profession outside the shores of Ghana.
Head Coach Anthony Edusei assured the minister of building a formidable team to win laurels for Ghana.
He indicated that following the phase-out measures adopted by the team's management which had resulted in some members of the ageing players being discarded for non performance, he was determined to build a winsome youthful team.
He said a new crop of young players had been introduced as part of measures to rejuvenate the Queens as they sought to qualify for the Africa Women's Championship and possibly win the cup for the first time.
Coach Edusei appealed for governmental support, saying "the Queens are capable of conquering Africa and the world as a whole if the level of funding and support given to the Black Stars can be extended to them".
The captain of the side, Aminatu Ibrahim, appealed to the government to consider procuring a bus for the team as transporting the team during engagements was a major problem managers and handlers had had to contend with all the time.
The minister gave the assurance that he would present their grievances to the President for immediate action, since it was the duty of the government to ensure problems facing citizens were addressed.
Source: Daily Graphic/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
2026 Legacy Expo to reposition Africa’s beauty and wellness economy
6 minutes -
TDC, GIADEC and ARISE IIP establish special-purpose company to drive Tema Industrial Park project
17 minutes -
Ablakwa clarifies South Africa evacuation reports, assures support for all Ghanaians
20 minutes -
Today’s Front pages: Friday, May 22, 2026
37 minutes -
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
57 minutes -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
2 hours -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
2 hours -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
2 hours -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
2 hours -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
2 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
2 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
2 hours -
Three including a baby killed in multi-vehicle crash on Kasoa-Winneba Highway
3 hours -
Wontumi denies authorising illegal mining on Akonta concession
3 hours