Motorists in mainly mining communities in the Western region are complaining about the poor state of highways there.
The Tarkwa-Bogoso-Prestea highway in particularly is said to have become accident-prone.
Though President Mills cut sod for the reconstruction of the road four months ago, residents in the area say they are disappointed contractors are yet to begin work.
Ebenezer Afenyi Dadzie of Radio Maxx who took a trip on the road reported traveling on the road disconcerting.
The potholes, he said are wide and deep and the dust unbearable but government officials and mining executives are insulated from the vagaries of the poor roads which other commuters and motorists have to contend with at great cost and discomfort because they drive in comfortable V8s.
One driver told Afenyi Dadzie that he fixes his whenever he uses the road.
The District Chief Executive for Prestea Huni-Valley, Mr Robert Wisdom Cudjoe said contractors will soon begin work on the 94.6 kilometer road.
He said the government had already paid 50 per cent of agreed compensation to people whose properties would be affected by the construction work.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- Birim River is one of the most polluted water bodies – Cecilia Dapaah
- France defender Varane retires from international football
- Chiefs of Techiman describe Alan as ‘true son of the soil’
- Thousands of Nigerians file pollution cases against Shell
- Mascara: What is the TikTok trend all about?
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- NPP eyes Ho Central parliamentary seat
- Adani: How the billionaire’s empire lost $100bn in days
- Nigeria’s elections critical to Liberian, Sierra Leonean 2023 polls – West African coalition
- Aggrieved customers of defunct Gold Coast Fund threaten to sue government
- Bono East Region has 10 factories under 1D1F – Alan Kyeremanten
- Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped
- BBC News channel announces new presenter line-up for revamp
- Kwame Dadzie: Why are Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, others now quiet on GHAMRO matters?
- Mechanics being ejected from Boadi Junction lament high towing fee charged by Assembly