The husband of Yellow Sisi Special Waakye seller, Kojo [Not his real name], is skeptical about the future of his wife’s business following the recent food poisoning incident.
According to him, the unfortunate happening has traumatised his wife, adding that he is unsure that the business will bounce back again despite it being a major source of livelihood for his family.
He stressed that his wife haboured no ill intentions and would never have deliberately put people in harm’s way.
“My wife can’t do anything bad to her family nor her customers because we eat the same food anytime it’s prepared.
“My wife, one of her sales ladies and my daughter also reported to the hospital for treatment after eating the food. There is no way she will do anything to harm her customers,” he said in an interview with Citi FM.
The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) confirmed in a statement that only one person died from the incident contrary to the earlier report that five people had died. They added that about 53 persons were hospitalized as a result.
According to Citi News, the deceased man was the landlord of the parcel of land where the waakye joint is located at a place called Bush Canteen at Oyibi.
Meanwhile, the FDA has launched an investigation into the incident.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents