The UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC), a member-based trade association that promotes bilateral trade between the UK and Ghana, will on Saturday, 18th June 2022, host the first Royal Ascot Ladies Day Event in Ghana to celebrate the iconic annual UK cultural event.
Ascot, one of Britain’s most well-known racecourses, holds a special week of races in June each year called the Royal Ascot, attended by Her Majesty the Queen.
The UKGCC is commemorating this great British Tradition in a specially curated Royal Ascot Ladies Day Experience, set up as a high tea garden party and will offer business networking opportunities with UKGCC member companies and other key stakeholders.
As a charity fundraiser, all proceeds from ticket and raffle sales will be donated to the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) Medical and Scientific Research Centre (MSRC) Fund Raising Committee.
According to Executive Director of the UKGCC, Adjoba Kyiamah, the donation to the UGMC MSRC Fund Raising Committee is important because “Now more than ever, we need more clinical trials in our country to help identify the best treatment for diseases in our environment. It is also an urgent imperative given the backdrop of the recent global pandemic”.
She urged the public to come and support a worthy cause.
The Royal Ascot Ladies Day event is poised to be a glorious occasion, where high fashion, glamour and millinery masterpieces take centre stage at the Polo Court Gardens at 12PM Prompt. Dress code is hats, ties and everything elegant!!
Interested participants may purchase tickets by dialling *713*33*20#, call Event HOTLINE: 0501 288 520 for reservations and enquiries or visit https://ukgcc.com.gh/royal-ascot-ladies-day-event/ for more on Royal Ascot Ladies Day and ticket packages.
- ‘It depends on if I find the right person’ – NSMQ quiz mistress on possibility of another marriage
- Thomas Partey leaves Black Stars camp, set to miss Nicaragua clash
- Global Citizen Festival brings Accra to standstill as social media goes gaga
- Mankessim: Chief in murder case is alive and behind bars – Police
- Ghana is going to have a female president one day – Akufo-Addo
- Putin fires deputy defence chief amid supply failures
- Queen Elizabeth II: Picture of chapel ledger stone released
- Benjamin Amponsah Mensah: Why Ghana must expand the use of natural gas
- Netflix warns viewers about ‘Dahmer’ being ‘too disturbing’
- Roger Federer: 20-time Grand Slam champion retires after Laver Cup loss
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- My best friend dumped me when I took back my cheating ex
- Governments, fossil fuel companies must be held accountable for climate loss and damages – ICCCAD
- Livestream: Big Chef kitchen is hot; 2 contestants exit tonight
- Ghanaian wins St. Antony’s first ever DAC scholarship
- When the ‘one’ becomes the ‘one who got away’
- Ghana’s public debt was 80% to GDP during Covid-19 pandemic; we’ll help restore macroeconomic stability – IMF
- 12 signs you’re his ‘one that got away’
- Almost 50% of women regret this part of their relationship
- Playback: The Law discusses RTI regime and its challenges
- American Airlines passenger arrested after punching flight attendant
- Italy votes as far-right Meloni looks for victory
- Hwentea support eye, liver health – Study
- Ernest Owusu Bempah: Steve Hanke’s understanding of Ghana’s economic situation not backed by data