Audio By Carbonatix
Head Pastor of the Rehoboth Network of Churches, Rev. (Capt.) Dr Henry Godson-Afful, has urged the clergy to put their house in order before state authorities are compelled to regulate religious practice.
Speaking on JoyNews’ *Newsfile* on Saturday, August 16, he warned that the credibility of the church was being undermined by sensational prophecies and unverified revelations.
“We must sanitise the system before regulation is forced on us,” Dr Godson-Afful advised, stressing that self-discipline and accountability among faith leaders would help protect the integrity of the church.
He noted that recent developments had fuelled public unease and provided justification for the state to step in.
His advice comes in the wake of a new directive from the Presidential Envoy for the Interfaith and Ecumenical Relations Office, Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, requiring that any prophecy or spiritual revelation involving high-profile political leaders, governance, national security or public stability be formally submitted for urgent review.
- slot pulsa
- situs slot 5000
- slot deposit 5000
- royalhoki77
- https://poolsafetygroup.com.au/what-we-do/
- https://patorama.com.au/helicopter-photography/
- https://reactmaintenancegroup.com.au/electrical-maintenance/
- https://www.100plumbing.com.au/work-with-us/
- slot maxwin
- https://tubulousaustralia.com.au/gallery/
The directive, issued on Sunday, August 10, followed the August 6 military helicopter crash in the Ashanti Region, which claimed eight lives, including Defence Minister Dr Edward Omane Boamah and Environment Minister Dr Ibrahim Murtala Muhammed.
Commenting on the matter, Dr Godson-Afful said https://phil-art.euroasia-science.ru the growing number of questionable prophecies was tarnishing the reputation of the clergy.
“If we do not take responsibility, others will take it for us. The church must rise to protect its image and its calling,” he said, urging religious leaders to exercise restraint and focus on their core mission of guiding society in truth and integrity.
Presidential Envoy on Interfaith and Ecumenical Relations, Elvis Afriyie Ankrah, has disclosed that his office has so far received more than 200 prophecies since the directive was issued. However, he noted that only a small number deserve serious attention.
According to him, the majority of the submissions in the aftermath of the tragedy lack credibility.
“By and large, 70–80% is of no substance,” he explained, adding that just about 2–5% may require deeper investigation
Latest Stories
-
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
53 minutes -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
1 hour -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
2 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
2 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
3 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
3 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
4 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
4 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
4 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
6 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
7 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
7 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
7 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
8 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
8 hours