Scores of homes at Glefe and Opetekwei in the Ga South Municipality have been flooded, following spillage of the Weija dam.
The situation is so severe that residents have been compelled to pack their belongings to safety, a frustrated resident who identified herself as Mercy said, when she called into the Super Morning Show, Tuesday.
The Ghana Water Company Limited on Monday opened the gates to spill water in the dam as it reaches its limit to protect the facility.
"Instead of the water going into the sea, the water is coming into our homes and people have to stay up all night," Mercy said.
She said officials from the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) visited the area to assess the situation but left without doing anything concrete about it.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Angel-Zoe Foundation donates to James Camp Prison, Borstal Home
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery
- A year of God’s promotion: GETHIM marks 16th anniversary
- Auction of Menzgold properties suspended