Scores of homes at Glefe and Opetekwei in the Ga South Municipality have been flooded, following spillage of the Weija dam.
The situation is so severe that residents have been compelled to pack their belongings to safety, a frustrated resident who identified herself as Mercy said, when she called into the Super Morning Show, Tuesday.
The Ghana Water Company Limited on Monday opened the gates to spill water in the dam as it reaches its limit to protect the facility.
"Instead of the water going into the sea, the water is coming into our homes and people have to stay up all night," Mercy said.
She said officials from the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) visited the area to assess the situation but left without doing anything concrete about it.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer