Scores of homes at Glefe and Opetekwei in the Ga South Municipality have been flooded, following spillage of the Weija dam.
The situation is so severe that residents have been compelled to pack their belongings to safety, a frustrated resident who identified herself as Mercy said, when she called into the Super Morning Show, Tuesday.
The Ghana Water Company Limited on Monday opened the gates to spill water in the dam as it reaches its limit to protect the facility.
"Instead of the water going into the sea, the water is coming into our homes and people have to stay up all night," Mercy said.
She said officials from the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) visited the area to assess the situation but left without doing anything concrete about it.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister
- Education Ministry promises major facelift for technical universities
- STAR-Ghana Foundation launched to promote active citizenship
- One Stop Center an advantage for abused children - World Future Council
- Update: The Finder editor released
- Juaben Traditional Council hands over 2 flats to police
- 'We don’t care about 2019 budget' – Spare parts dealers
- The Royal Express luxury train is the best way to see Japan
- Reverse Pinocchio – Researchers find that your nose shrinks when you lie
- Today's front pages