A Cape Coast District Court on Wednesday ordered two 17-year-olds to be held in police custody.
The two were among a gang of four, accused of raping a 17-year-old girl.
Their pleas were not taken, but their offences were read to them by the Court presided over by Gloria Bonsu.
Prosecuting, Inspector Yakubu Iddrisu, said that the victim and her 18-year-old lover, Emmanuel Tawiah who are the complainants, are also students of a Senior High School in the Central Region, while the accused persons are residents of Anomabo.
He said one of the accused persons is a student at Biriwa, while the other two who are on the run, were named as Parker and Kojo.
Giving the facts of the case, the Prosecutor said at about 19 pm on Saturday, October 2, the two lovers were attacked by the four accused persons at the Anomabo Beach Resort after sneaking out of school.
During the attack, the accused persons ceased their mobile phones and threatened to harm them with a knife if they tried escaping.
They then dragged the victim into an abandoned building and forcibly had rounds of sex with her one after the other in the presence of her boyfriend who was under the threat of a knife being pointed at him, while he looked on until the victim became weak and they bolted.
The boyfriend of the victim, later sent her to the Anomabo Police Station, where she was issued a police medical form for examination, treatment, and counselling.
Inspector Yakubu said the case was referred to the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) in Cape Coast for further investigations.
Inspector Iddrisu said the two brought before the Court, were arrested on Tuesday, October 5, while strenuous efforts were underway to arrest the other two who were on the run.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- Luv FM Primary School Quiz: 9 schools qualify for semi-finals
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Shell oil spill: 30k Nigerians seek compensation
- Kamala Harris to discuss Ukraine war with Tanzania leader
- Mathematics is the only understandable global language – Professor Nantomah
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-Gay bill has not been diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- GES PRO ranked among top 25 public sector PR professionals