Africa Magic has announced that entries are now being accepted for the seventh edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA).
Entries open on November 13 and will close December 13, 2019.
Following the announcement today, Managing Director, MultiChoice Ghana, Cecil Sunkwa Mills has urged film & television series producers in Ghana to submit entries.
The AMVCAs were created to celebrate the contribution of African filmmakers, actors and technicians in the success of the continent’s film and television industry. Following in the successes of previous editions, preparations are now underway for the seventh edition scheduled for March 2020.
Managing Director, MultiChoice Ghana, Cecil Sunkwa Mills, urged film producers and Production Houses in Ghana to submit entries for the 7th AMVCA’s.
He added “in the last calendar year several Ghanaian productions have been showcased at various film festivals around the world receiving great reviews. The AMVCA’s is an attestation of profound achievement by the African film and television industry, for exemplary work”.
The AMVCAs also present a unique opportunity for the world to see and experience Africa beyond the headlines, telling its own story and celebrating its best storytellers.”
Speaking at the launch event in Lagos, Channel Director, Africa Magic, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu said, “It’s been a long wait, but we are pleased to finally announce that the seventh edition of the AMVCAs is here and set to once again celebrate film and television talent across Africa.
“Every year the industry continues to grow in leaps and bounds and we are proud to be a part of its success story through the AMVCAs. The AMVCAs remain Africa’s most prestigious awards and most reputable celebration of talent in front and behind the camera”.
Films, made-for-television movies or television series previously entered or nominated for an award, or awarded a prize in another film and television competition are eligible to be entered for the AMVCAs.
Also, all films, made-for-television movies or television series are eligible for entry to the AMVCA if they are broadcast or publicly screened or exhibited during the period of April 1, 2018, to November 30, 2019.
– Prepare a 5-minute-long showreel for your online submission
– Log on to the Africa Magic website. Click on the AMVCA Seventh edition banner which will take you to a submissions page.
– Fill out the submission forms and upload the clip. A unique reference number will be allocated to each completed online submission
– Please ensure the video edit represents the category of entry and is under 300MB
– Quoting your unique reference number, send a hard drive of the submitted project to: Busola Komolafe, No 4 Industrial Street, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria.
For digital file delivery mechanism, entry guidelines and additional information please visit our website at www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Education Minister cuts sod for TVET facility at Manso Nkwanta
- Chief, Pastor held over murder of student nurse in Mankessim face fresh charges
- Ghana Health Service launches mass drug administration
- Zambia’s state house clarifies row over handbags
- Latif Abubakar, Spanish Embassy thrills audience, makes history
- Boy who struggled to eat or speak due to tumour receives transformational surgery in Senegal
- Be the change you wish to see – Director-General of Webster University charges graduates
- Unilever’s Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah wins Ultimate Woman of the Year at FMCG Awards
- Allegiance could mean a lot of things aside from citizenship – Prof Asare
- ‘We look forward to achieving our goals’ – Tariq Lamptey on playing for Black Stars
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Help end violence against alleged witches – Gender Minister appeals to chiefs
- The African Institute for Professional Excellence donates laptops to KNUST College of Health Sciences
- Mr Eazi to go bullish on tech investment as he visits Estonia
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court