Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission (EC) has opened applications for the transfer of votes and proxy voting today, Friday, October 25, 2019.
The applications will be received at all of EC’s district offices across the country until November 4, 2019, when the process ends.
“Between 25th Oct and 4th Nov, 2019 All security personnel who previously registered in the Districts where they reside should contact the District Offices in their respective districts for a transfer of their votes to enable them vote in the special voting exercise scheduled for the 10th of December ahead of the 2019 referendum,” the Commission said in a press statement.
The EC also said in the statement that voters who transferred their votes to enable them to vote in the 2018 referenda will be required to go through the process of transferring their votes again because the 2018 exercise was temporary.
The full statement from the EC is published below.
TRANSFER OF VOTES & PROXY VOTING
The Electoral Commissioner wishes to announce for the information of the general public that:
a. Applications for the transfer of votes and proxy voting will be received at all District Offices throughout the country from Friday, 25th October to Monday, 4th November, 2019
b. Between 25th Oct and 4th Nov, 2019 All security personnel who previously registered in the Districts where they reside should contact the District Offices in their respective districts for a transfer of their votes to enable them vote in the special voting exercise scheduled for the 10th of December ahead of the 2019 referendum.
c. The general public is hereby informed that the period for application for transfer of votes, special voting and proxy is between 25th Oct and 4th Nov, 2019
d. The public is hereby informed that voters who transferred their votes to enable them vote in the 2018 referenda will be required to go through the process of transferring their votes again as the 2018 transfer were temporal.
e. Take note and act accordingly.
Signed
Mrs. Jean Mensah
Chairperson
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours