Audio By Carbonatix
The South African national Team (Bafana Bafana players) and team management have reached a compromise at a meeting last night, regarding the players' incentives for this month's African Cup of Nations tournament in Ghana
Safa's initial offer to the players was on a sliding scale - R65 000 per player for the first round to R500 000 per player for winning the tournament. To make it more appealing, Safa has now spread the payment by increasing first round incentives while reducing payments for winning the title.
With this sensitive issue resolved, the players' focus can now shift to more important matters: representing their country.
Reports however confirmed that at no stage did the management have anything called a boycott, contractual dispute or anything of that nature.
Bafana captain Aaron Mokoena said: “The players are looking forward to the tournament. I cannot wait since everything is sorted out and we are looking forward to having a good one in Ghana".
Israel-based defender Tshepo Masilela has still not arrived after missing his flight. England-based midfielder Steven Pienaar was not there either. He had requested to report late so he could play for Everton against Chelsea. Safa has however asked Fifa to intervene.
Bafana coach Carlos Parreira said, “We are not against the player or the club, we are in favour of the national team and that is the big difference: if we do not create a principle or organise ourselves for now, we will have a problem going forward. People must understand that we are a country that will host the World Cup so we must prepare well”.
Meanwhile players will now be awarded caps for the friendlies against Mozambique and Botswana on Sunday and next Wednesday.
SOURCE: SABC NEWS
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
2 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
2 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
2 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
2 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
2 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
3 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
3 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
3 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
3 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
3 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
3 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
3 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
4 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappearing Man City
4 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
4 hours