Audio By Carbonatix
The firm that manages the toll gate in Lagos, where protesters were shot at on Tuesday night, has said surveillance cameras mounted at the facility are still intact.
There had been allegations that the CCTV cameras at the Lekki toll gate had been removed.
In a statement, the Lekki Concession Company Limited (LCC) said that the street lights at the toll gate were off during the incident because of a power outage.
There were no staff to turn on the stand-by power generator as they had left in compliance with a round-the-clock curfew imposed by the state governor, it said.
It is unclear if the surveillance cameras were affected by the power outage.
The firm said it had not received instructions "from anyone" to dismount the surveillance cameras.
"Removing them will require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed and are still installed," it said.
Some protesters had said that the cameras were removed so that the shooting would not be recorded.
Amnesty International have said that 12 people died on Tuesday in Lagos. The army has said it was not behind the shooting.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
19 minutes -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
24 minutes -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
40 minutes -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
2 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
2 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
3 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
3 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
3 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
3 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
4 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
4 hours