Audio By Carbonatix
Nigeria striker Obafemi Martins has returned to the Africa Cup of Nations in Angola.
Martins left the tournament on Wednesday to appear in a London court and was due to return on Friday.
He arrived in Benguela on Saturday morning, but will play no part in the Super Eagles match against Benin.
Nigeria are seeking to recover from their 3-1 opening Group C defeat to Egypt on Tuesday.
Nigeria media officer Peterside Idah had earlier in the week refuted claims that the Wolfsburg striker had picked up a shin injury.
"He spoke to us before leaving - he has a genuine case to answer," Idah told BBC Sport on Thursday.
"Obafemi is in London, he has a case in court with his agent."
Martins has been taken to court by his former representative Chris Nathaniel who claims the striker owes him commission for deals he worked on for the player.
"The coach was aware but there was some debate over the actual date. Before he left he told us he only had to show himself in court as he didn't want to be in contempt of court.
"Last time the case came up he wasn't there and he didn't want the judge to throw him in jail if he doesn't show up or declare him wanted."
Idah also denied rumours of a bust up within the Nigeria team.
"The talk of a bust up are just not true, we've had a series of meetings with the coach and the players to sort out a lot of things - but no bust up whatsoever," he said.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
3 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
6 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
10 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
11 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
16 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
23 minutes -
Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership
29 minutes -
Military leaders urged to prepare for emerging security threats
34 minutes -
Ghana to expand pharmaceutical manufacturing capacity – Mahama
40 minutes -
Ghana to hold referendum on proposed constitutional amendments in 2027 – Mahama
47 minutes -
Social clubs must become engines of national development – Ace Ankomah
53 minutes -
GTA closes Elmina Beach Resort, three other facilities over regulatory violations
59 minutes -
Sustained peace will restore Bawku to its former glory – Mahama
1 hour -
15% of maternal mortality deaths in Kumasi are ‘imported’- Health Director
1 hour -
Oil rises as US-Iran peace talks stall, Hormuz shipping slows
1 hour