Audio By Carbonatix
An Accra High Court has dismissed the suit brought by the suspended 2nd National Vice Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Mr. Sammy Crabbe.
The court said the suit was without merit.
According to Justice Sir Dennis Adjei, the National Disciplinary Committee of the party has jurisdiction to hear and punish anyone who had been found to have breached some rules of the party.
Mr Crabbe was suspended by the National Executive Committee of the NPP after he failed to appear before a Disciplinary Committee of the party to answer misconduct charges leveled against him by two members of the party.
He challenged the decision and said it was an act of lawlessness by "coup makers" who had thrown the party's long-held credentials to the dogs.
He proceeded to the Accra High Court months after his suspension to seek to annul the decision.
The case had the suspended chairman of the NPP, Paul Afoko testifying as a witness for the plaintiff. The Suspended General Secretary of the Party, Kwabena Agyepong, was in court in solidarity with the suspended Chairman who testified.
After hearing months of legal arguments between Mr. Crabbe's lawyers and those of the opposition party, the court set June 2, to give its judgment.
After the judgement on Thursday, June 2, Lawyer for the defendants, Godfred Dame told Joy News the court made it clear that 'the party did not do anything wrong in punishing the 2nd Vice Chairman.'
"It speaks to one thing - that every member of the party is subject to the disciplinary rod of the party and no member of the party is above order of discipline in the party," he indicated.
The Head of the Legal Committee of the party, Prof. Aaron Mike Oquaye who was in court advised the suspended executives of the party to regret and repent from their old ways for a reconsideration in the party.
"When you are suspended whether in the ministries, in the public company or wherever, your conduct after may show that [you have regretted and they can say] let us reinstate him, is that not so?, Prof Oquaye quizzed.
Mr. Crabbe after the court hearing on May 10 had hinted he would proceed to the Supreme court if he lost the case at the High court.
"I will fight until I can fight no more," Mr Crabbe had vowed.
It remains to be seen if he will appeal the court's decision.
.
Latest Stories
-
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
2 hours -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
2 hours -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
2 hours -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
2 hours -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
2 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
2 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
2 hours -
Man City move for ÂŁ85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
3 hours -
Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move
3 hours -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
3 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
3 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
4 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
4 hours -
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
4 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
4 hours