Audio By Carbonatix
It is likely AC Milan’s midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng would be compelled to play in Ghana’s game against Congo if the Ghana Football Association is not convinced about his injury report, the FA’s vice-president Fred Pappoe has hinted.
The German-born Ghanaian international pulled out of Sunday’s vital African Cup of Nations match in Brazzaville claiming he aggravated an ankle injury after his Club’s clash with Palermo last week.
Mr Pappoe told host of Joy FM’s Supper Morning Show Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, that his outfit has received a “string of reports” from the club on Wednesday, buttressing the fact that he is indeed injured, but the FA would have to subject them to further scrutiny.
He explained that “medical quotes” from the club have been referred to the Black stars’ medical team “to access it and give us an opinion”.
The FA vice-president said the association will take a final decision on the player based on their own medical reports.
“But [until the report comes out] we have not taken any decision on him now as to whether to excuse him or invite him to come over.”
Mr Pappoe also hinted that if the need arises, Kevin Prince Boateng would be invited to undergo “further medical examination”.
Meanwhile, a Ghana football website, Ghanasoccernet, reports that the Ghana international who featured for the Black Stars in the last World Cup in South Africa, might have faked his injury.
It quoted a statement from AC Milan’s website dated Wednesday 23 March, 2011, which shows that he has been released to join the Black Stars.
“And even if he’s injured, as he claims, he did not turn up for treatment as other injured AC Milan players did on Wednesday at the club’s training ground,” the website pointed out.
Meanwhile, AC Milan’s official website stated that “the following Milan players will be involved in African Nations Cup qualifiers: Boateng: Congo-Ghana and England-Ghana (March 27 and 29).”
Story by Isaac Essel/Myjoyonline.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
India’s clean energy leadership in green hydrogen
6 minutes -
Ghana’s Road Safety Crisis: We must move from reaction to prevention
8 minutes -
Duncan-Williams urges Church to educate Ghanaians on dangers of galamsey and gold smuggling
18 minutes -
New Defence Minister pledges technology-led defence posture
24 minutes -
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
26 minutes -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
27 minutes -
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
32 minutes -
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
39 minutes -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
1 hour -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
1 hour -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
4 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
4 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
4 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
4 hours