Audio By Carbonatix
Mario Balotelli has dropped his tribunal action against Manchester City after accepting a two-week fine over his disciplinary record last season.
The hearing had been due to take place on Wednesday until "amicable" talks on Tuesday night between the two parties.
In a statement, City said the striker, 22, had made the decision "as a sign of respect for Roberto Mancini, the supporters and the club".
"Mario remains available for all forthcoming fixtures," City said.
The striker had opposed City's decision to fine him after he missed 11 games domestically and in Europe last season because of suspensions.
The striker had been expected to appear at the tribunal in person, along with his Italian lawyer and a representative from the Professional Footballers' Association, while City were set to bring their own legal team.
A two-week fine is the maximum penalty stipulated in standard player contracts.
It is unusual for internal disputes between clubs and their players to go to a Premier League tribunal. The PFA has advised the player throughout.
City began the disciplinary process after Balotelli was sent off against Arsenal in April 2012.
In all, he received nine yellow cards and three reds - one of them retrospective - during the season.
Balotelli was taken off early in the second half of City's 3-2 defeat by Manchester United on 9 December, and then left out of their squad altogether for the 3-1 win at Newcastle on Saturday.
After the match, City manager Roberto Mancini said: "At this moment, Mario is not in good form and for this reason he is at home. It is only for this reason. To get back into the team he needs to work in training and when he plays, he needs to play well."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
16 minutes -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
18 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
48 minutes -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
48 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
1 hour -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
2 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
2 hours -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
2 hours -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
2 hours -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
2 hours -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
2 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
2 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
2 hours -
Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns
2 hours -
University of Gold Coast graduates urged to prove themselves beyond certificates
3 hours