Audio By Carbonatix
The striking prodigy of Black Starlets' attacker Ransford Osei, could be part of a current Black Stars assembly after attracting the attention of coach Claude Le Roy.
And in his bid to parade and build a formidable frontline for the forthcoming Ghana 2008 tournament, the French trainer, has penciled down the young striker as a possible candidate to strike alongside his favourite, Asamoah Gyan.
For Le Roy, the young striker, like wine, is maturing as the weeks roll by and has all it takes to wear the senior team shirt.
"He demonstrated big tournament temperament in Togo and he is doing so well in Korea, he is skilful and a good player," Le Roy said at a press conference in Accra.
Coach Le Roy praised the Starlets as well as their coach, Sellas Tetteh for their sterling performance in the FIFA U-17 championship in Korea.
Le Roy had hoped for a Ghana-Nigeria final, however Spain put paid to the Starlets dreams, after winning their semi final tie 2:1.
The Stars are scheduled to play the Atlas Lions of Morocco in an international friendly on Saturday in Paris and then another against Saudi Arabia two days after in Saudi in games Le Roy describes as daunting taking into account the tall list of his players nursing injury.
Yet the coach is confident the invitation of debutants, Asec Momisas' Nafiu Iddrisu, Kwassi Asare, goalkeepers Isaac Amoako and Isaac Ackon as well as Moses Sakyi will be good replacements for Saturday's friendly.
Le Roy indicated that his joy will be completed when Ghana take on countries as Cote d'Ivoire in October and Cameroun in November saying, "we need to pit our strength against some of the finest on the continent prior to the competition, we are not scared of any country, we should relax and take any challenge that comes across."
Reacting to the invitation of players into the team, he noted "the door is open to every player provided you can 'kill' yourself when given the chance."
Isaac Boakye, Quincy Owusu Abayie, Gabriel Issah Ahmed, Barfuor Gyan, Godwin Attram, Baba Amando, Dan Quaye were names that the press suggested to the coach for reconsideration but he said emphatically that: "I cannot give everybody the chance, however, their consistency in their various clubs will convince me for a recall, if you (the press) also have a player you think is a Black Stars material you can bring him" he pointed out.
"I have told John Paintsil to 'get busy' else his chances of maintaining his position will be slim," he added.
Source: The Chronicle
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
1 hour -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
1 hour -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
2 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
2 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
2 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
2 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
2 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
2 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
3 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
3 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
3 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
3 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
3 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappearing Man City
3 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
3 hours