A gory accident on the Cape Coast – Accra Highway has claimed three lives while a driver and others are being treated at the hospital.
The accident occurred at Gomoa Okyereko Junction when a Toyota Prado with registration number GN 3966-17 with three foreign nationals on board, veered off his lane from the opposite direction and collided with a JAC truck number GN 751-20, loaded with confectionery.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Central Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), Irene Serwaah Oppong, told the GNA that the accident occurred around 15:00 hours on Friday.
According to her, the truck driver, Aboagye Daniel, 35 years, was driving from Accra towards Cape Coast while the deceased driver with two white ladies on board believed to be Dutch Nationals were heading to Accra from Cape Coast direction.
The Police PRO said the deceased driver upon reaching Gomoa Okyereko Junction in the Central Region veered off his lane and collided head-on with the Truck, leading to the death of all the three occupants in the Toyota Prado.
DSP Oppong revealed that the truck driver also sustained injuries and was rushed to the Truama and Specialist Hospital at Winneba together with some injured passengers.
She said the bodies had been deposited at the hospital’s morgue for autopsy and preservation and investigation was ongoing.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid