The Board of Directors of SES HD PLUS has appointed Adelaide Ahovy Abbiw-Williams as Chief Executive Officer effective from January 1, this year.
Most recently, Adelaide was responsible for launching HD+ in Ghana where she successfully positioned HD+ as the preferred choice for quality TV viewing experiences within the free-to-air satellite TV broadcasting industry in Ghana.
Adelaide’s career spans several commercial roles across the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), manufacturing, telecommunications, mobile financial services, and satellite broadcasting industries in Africa for multinational companies such as SES, Vodafone, Nestle and Diageo.
Adelaide succeeds Theodore Asampong who will now oversee SES’s broader video business in the West and Central African region.
Wilfried Urner, Chairman of the SES HD PLUS Board, commenting on Adelaide’s appointment said, “Adelaide made an impression on the board with her drive, intellect, and professionalism.
She has made a massive impact during her time at SES HD PLUS to date, and we have no doubt she will continue this momentum as our new CEO.
Her extensive FMCG and telecommunications background and commercially driven approach to business will help SES HD PLUS develop strategic alliances as well as expand on the success built over the past 2 years and take us into our next phase of growth and innovation.”
“I am delighted to take on the CEO role of a business with considerable ambition. SES HD PLUS is a group of innovative, talented, and creative professionals who care about delivering quality TV viewing experiences to over 130,000 homes across Ghana.
“Our goal is to grow the number of homes watching HD+ across the country,” said Abbiw-Williams.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah