The Organizing Committee of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations has approved dates for the AFCON Morocco 2015 at its meeting at CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.
The Orange Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2015 will be played from 17th January through 8th February 2015.
The distribution of groups between the host cities of the tournament was also formalized.
Group A will be based in Marrakech, the city that will host the opening match. Group B will be based in Agadir. Group C will be in Rabat which will also host the final match of the tournament while Group D will be Tangier.
The final draw for the 30th edition of AFCON will be held in Rabat on 26 November 2014.
The adjustment in dates has been necessitated by the decision of the Organizing Committee to play the semi-finals on separate dates. Previously, the semi-finals have been played on one date. At Orange AFCON Morocco 2015, the semi-finals will be played on 4th February and 5th February 2015.
Further, Day One which will have the Opening Ceremony in Marrakech will only have one fixture – the Opening Match of Group A. The second fixture of Group A will be played on 18th January which will also have two matches of Group B.
- World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo a ‘total genius’ for winning Portugal penalty – Fifa
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A missed opportunity
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- HITZ Old Skuuls Reunion: Outdoor games get old students at the edge of their seats
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Government promises more support to Ghana Police
- 2022 World Cup: We didn’t ‘over-respect’ Portugal – Otto Addo
- Take tough decisions in life – GNPC boss to Presec Legon students
- Kelvin Tutu talks accountability in new single, ‘Fa kye’
- BOST MD emerges Petroleum CEO of the Year 2022
- 6th Ghana Energy Awards honours 31 individuals, companies
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- ‘We don’t want any mining activities on our land’ – Mampong Traditional Council insists
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- My ex got married and I’m single and completely heartbroken
- WHO convenes Africa regional policy dialogue on investment and protection of health workforce
- 2022 World Cup: Otto Addo wary of Son Heung-min threat ahead of South Korea clash
- 2022 World Cup: ‘We will see a passionate Black Stars against South Korea – Otto Addo
- ‘It feels like it never left’ – Revitalised HITZ Skuul Reunion wins patrons’ hearts
- Equatorial Guinea: World’s longest-serving president to continue 43-year-rule