The Deputy Majority Leader in Parliament, Alexander Afenyo Markin has delivered a newly constructed Health Centre to the Woarabeba community in his Constituency.
The construction was fully funded by the Member of Parliament.
The fully furnished facility, named after Nii Ephraim (a former MCE), was handed over to the Ghana Health Service on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, upon commissioning.
Woarabeba is a drag net fishing community located at the east coast of Winneba in the Effutu Constituency.
It is linked by a 3km road constructed through the initiative of the Member of Parliament a couple of years ago.
The social life and education are also expected to receive a boost when a library and a social/recreational Center which are under construction are completed.
The Central Regional Police Band used the opportunity to appreciate Mr. Afenyo Markin for his continuous support.
In a citation presented to him, the Police, while applauding his “high sense of leadership”, said “we appreciate your enormous contribution which dare not go unnoticed.”
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Cedi to witness mixed performance this week
- Bola Ray marks 25 years in media career, launches ‘project impact’ to mentor young people
- Kofi Jamar, Tulenkey set to perform at The Woods Bar & Grill today
- Leading NDC member describes Ofosu Ampofo as unfit to lead the party as Chairman
- Aviation safety awareness: Safety inspectors assure air passengers of safe flights
- Take Ghana’s economic challenges to God – Clergyman urges duty bearers
- Namibia select committee on budget in Ghana to engage parliament
- Kenya ministers to forgo a month’s pay in drought aid
- Namibia edges closer to having first female president
- Africa off course when it comes to HIV goals – UN
- Malawi begins first large-scale malaria vaccination
- ‘Don’t abuse your child out of frustration of current economic woes’
- Far-right killer stabbed in South African prison
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to three months in jail
- Martin A.B.K. Amidu: Games in Parliament – Speaker and Minority’s motion of censure
- Five remanded over unlawful possession of police uniforms, weapons