Audio By Carbonatix
President Akufo-Addo has dissolved all statutory boards and corporations with immediate effect.
However, representatives of constituent bodies are exempted from this directive.
A statement signed by the chief of staff Akosua Fremah Opare Osei said statutory boards and corporations shall be reconstituted by the President or the relevant appointing authority in due course.
The chief of staff in a separate letter to metropolitan municipal and district chief executives directs them to remain at post but barred them from taking any decision involving policy, financial commitment, recruitment and others.
The directive according to her is in line with the presidential transition Act 845 section 14.
President Akufo-Addo after his investiture on January 7, 2021, appointed Caretaker Ministers to hold the fort pending the substantive appointments.
This follows the expiration of his first term and the commencement of his second four-year term on January 7, 2021.
The action is in accordance with the Presidential Transition Act, 2012, (Act 845), to avoid gaps in the running of state affairs.
Reliable sources from the Presidency according to GNA said Mrs Akosua Frema Osei-Opare had been asked to act as the Chief of Staff, Mr Ken Ofori-Atta to act as Finance Minister, Alan Kwadwo Kyerematen as Minister of Trade and Industry, Mr Dominic Nitiwul, as Minister of Defence, and Mr Albert Kan Dapaah, as Minister of National Security.
The rest are Mr Ambrose Dery, acting as Minister of the Interior, Hajia Alima Mahama, acting as Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, and Mr Kojo Oppong Nkrumah as Minister of Information.
Meanwhile, the leader of the NDC caucus in parliament Haruna Iddrisu says his side is ready to vet the president nominees for ministerial appointment.
Latest Stories
-
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
30 minutes -
25/26 GPL: Vision end campaign with win over Aduana
36 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Young Apostles survive relegation with win over Samartex
48 minutes -
Gunmen allegedly kidnap teenager at Kabulya near Bimbilla, demand ransom
1 hour -
Fernandes breaks assist record as Brighton land Euro spot despite loss
1 hour -
Sunderland reach Europa League at Chelsea’s expense
1 hour -
Spurs beat Everton to secure Premier League survival
1 hour -
Xenophobia: Ghana to receive first batch of evacuees from South Africa on May 27
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Swedru All Blacks stun Kotoko in dramatic final-day comeback
2 hours -
Slump continues as cedi becomes worst-performing currency in sub-Saharan Africa in 2026
2 hours -
Petroleum Commission hails 7 Eleven Energy Services’ indigenous bolt and nut plant as sign of local content growth
2 hours -
Keta MP offers relief to Afiadenyigba SHS after fire outbreak
3 hours -
UMaT graduates 95 students, commits to training 1,000 coders
3 hours -
Modified Taxation Scheme: Ghana’s surest way to inclusive tax administration
3 hours -
Asunafo North Cocoa Farmers Union and partners rescue rural schools from infrastructure crisis
3 hours