The Alan Kyerematen for president campaign team has condemned what they describe as “political galamseyers.”
This follows events that have taken place after Mr Kyerematen’s visit to the Northern Region as part of his engagement tour with New Patriotic Party (NPP) executives and faithful to share his vision for seeking to be the party’s flagbearer for the 2024 presidential elections.
The team in a release signed by the Spokesperson and Director of Communications, Yaw Buaben Asamoa noted that these “political galamseyers” seek “to sully the beauty and significance of the visit with purported re-scripting of the event.”
“The Alan Kyerematen for President Campaign vehemently condemns the cowards who try to corrode everything that lifts politics above the ordinary,” they pointed out.
According to the release, “The Alan Kyerematen for President Campaign is deeply humbled by the privileged reception accorded them in the Gbewaa Palace when Mr Alan Kyerematen called on His Majesty Yaa Naa Abukari II, as part of his tour of the nation towards declaring his bid for the leadership of the NPP.
“Happenings at the event are public knowledge. Independent Media Houses streamed live whilst members of the public took an authentic record of the proceedings on telephones and other electronic gadgets.
“The highlight of the visit, as captured, was the pronouncement by the Overlord of Dagbon, that it was time for Mr Kyerematen to step forward as leader of the NPP and thereafter, President of Ghana, to help restore the economy of Ghana.
“The Yaa Naa clothed Alan with a pure white smock, sat Alan at his feet and presented him with a pure white ram. These by Dagbon tradition, signify victory, “ the campaign team clarified.
The campaign team further urged “all Ghanaians to go to the recorded versions of the event, covered live by many media channels, which are a true reflection of what transpired and cannot be changed.
“Neither can the cordial relationship between the revered Yaa Naa and Alan Kyerematen, be distorted by any amount of lies or disinformation.”
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Jose Mourinho charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Referees’ body PGMOL condemns abuse directed at Europa League final referee
- Pensioner Bonds: Government promises to clear all 5 outstanding coupons immediately