Producer Nektunez has revealed he has been signed onto record label Sony Music based in the United States.
According to him, the record label’s CEO reached out to him after his Ameno Amapiano song went viral.
Speaking on Daybreak hitz on Hitz Fm on Wednesday, Nektunez said that at the time he had been contacted by Universal Music who owned the masters to ‘Ameno’ to do a full clearance.
According to him, Sony helped him secure the licence for the song and also signed him to the label.
“So right now this song is licensed to Sony Music. I am now signed to Sony Music, they took care of the licensing and everything. Initially, before I uploaded, I secured a temporary license that enabled me to pop ut it on Apple Music and all that.”
He added that “but when the song became big, the Universal Record owns the masters to this song so they wanted us to do the full clearance. That was when Sony came in. The Sony Boss actually reached out himself when the song went viral and they helped me clear the license and everything.”
The producer also revealed that the song, Ameno Amapiano which got him this deal with Sony Music now has about 72.8 million streams across all platforms.
It has also been number one for four weeks on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart.
“The video is not out yet,” Nektunez said. He said that a video for the song was shot the week before in Nigeria to be released for fans later.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- Security experts advise risk assessment to avert reprisals at Kofrom
- Schools in Tema yet to receive JHS Two textbooks – GNAT
- Use Mid-Year Budget Review to cut expenditure to complement DDEP – Prof. Mensah
- ‘It’s time to turn the chapter’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana on Southampton move
- Boomplay to celebrate African Music Excellence at the 65th Grammys with free subscription
- Apple sales in biggest fall since 2019
- Krachi East: 600 NPP delegates declare support for Bawumia
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Gunmen kill police chief, 7 others in central Nigeria
- 8 best educational shows for kids of all ages
- Court grants bail to 30 ‘commercial sex’ accused persons; 4 cautioned
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Ecobank wins Best Place to Work in Africa 2022 Award
- Nick Kyrgios admits assaulting ex-girlfriend but avoids conviction
- Uganda’s central bank asks investors to switch bonds due April