Ghana international, Andre Ayew, has officially joined Premier League outfit Nottingham Forest following his departure from Al Sadd.
The Black Stars captain joins the club on a six-month deal until the end of the 2022/23 season after terminating his contract with the Qatari side.
The forward ended his contract with Al Sadd with five months remaining on his two-year deal with the club after joining from Swansea City as a free agent.
By joining Forest, Ayew reunites with former manager, Steve Cooper, who he played under during his time with the Swans.
A statement on the club’s social media pages read, “Nottingham Forest is delighted to welcome Ghana captain Andre Ayew to The City Ground.”
The move also sees Ayew return to the Premier League having played for Crystal Palace and West Ham United also in the past.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display