President Akufo-Addo will address the nation tonight few hours before the country goes to the polls for the eighth time in the Fourth Republic.
Tonight’s address will be the second time he will speak to the nation as electorates prepare to exercise their franchise.
On Saturday, the President touted his achievements since he assumed the helms of affairs in 2017 and urged electorates to vote massively for the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
But in today’s address, scheduled for 8 pm, he is expected to urge all registered voters to come out and vote.
He will also entreat the citizenry to desist from any activity that will cause electoral violence.
Early in the day, the Electoral Commission (EC) also addressed the media to talk about its preparedness.
This briefing comes ahead of the general elections scheduled for Monday, December 7.
The Commission is expecting some 17,027,641 electorates to exercise their franchise during presidential and parliamentary elections to decide their leaders for the next four year.
Stay with myjoyonline.com as we bring you live updates on all political developments as the country prepares to go to the polls.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out