Audio By Carbonatix
A baby boy has been born from the world's oldest sperm - after his dad froze it 23 years ago.
Xavier Powell, just six-months-old, has even made it into the Guinness World Records thanks to his father's decision two decades ago.
Alex Powell, from Australia, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma at the age of 15.
He was told he needed to start chemotherapy immediately and made the decision to have his sperm frozen as the treatment was likely to leave him infertile.
That was 23-years ago and now the dad is celebrating his son's first few months of life with his wife Vi.
It was Alex's stepmum who convinced him to go ahead with the procedure after worrying about the effects of cancer treatment on her stepson's body. Two decades later, Alex met his wife Vi and the loved-up pair decided they would like to have children.

Two decades later, Alex met his wife Vi and the loved-up pair decided they would like to have children.
In 2013, the couple began IVF in the hope that they would be able to conceive a baby.
Alex admitted he was nervous before the start of treatment, adding: "When they bring those guys out, what's going to happen? Are they all going to turn left?"
It took one year of IVF for Xavier to be conceived and he was eventually born on June 17, 2015.
Alex told Nine News: "For me, it's that sort of feeling in life you want to relive every moment if you can."

Before Xavier, a baby had previously been conceived in the UK using sperm frozen for 21 years.
There is technically no upper limit on how long sperm should be stored for but it is usually between seven and 10 years.
Latest Stories
-
Bodies of two hikers missing for decades found after Swiss glacier melts
1 minute -
NSMQ 2026: North East Region denied one-eighth stage as Kumasi High kicks out Nalerigu
5 minutes -
Useless Column: ‘Weytin do Akosua?’
9 minutes -
Context Matters: Understanding the Tony Elumelu First-Name Debate – Afanyi Dadzie writes
12 minutes -
Microwaving is safe, but minimise aluminium foil use – Food Scientist advices
19 minutes -
Supreme Court clears way for legal vacation criminal trials, dismisses Oppong Nkrumah’s injunction bid
34 minutes -
Restaurant portions, surplus food worsening Ghana’s food waste problem — Food Scientist
44 minutes -
NPP extends 2026 National Officers Elections filing deadline to August 29
51 minutes -
NDC has not shown it can manage power sector effectively — Fiifi Boafo
55 minutes -
Ghana secured US$2.6bn FDIs in 2025 – GIPC Report
56 minutes -
GRIDCo restores power nationwide after August 20 blackout, says grid strengthening measures ongoing
1 hour -
Journalism must prioritise public interest over attention — Kwesi Pratt
2 hours -
Ghana Mineworkers Union demand suspension of contract mining directive, threaten industrial action
2 hours -
ADB Ghana Medicals constructing and equipping new Cardiothoracic Centre at Komfo Anokye
2 hours -
AFREIKH Summer School challenges Africa to harness critical minerals
2 hours