The Bank of Ghana (BoG), on Friday, January 27, 2023, was presented with the “RegTech of the Year” award, at the second edition of the Ghana FinTech Awards 2022.
The award is in recognition of the consistency with which the Bank of Ghana has formulated appropriate regulations in support of new and innovative service offerings in the financial services sector.
The Ghana FinTech Awards is an annual FinTech industry award event, organized by the Ghana FinTech and Payments Association in collaboration with, auditing firm KPMG.
The Ghana FinTech Awards 2022 was aimed at recognizing and acknowledging the efforts and achievements of individuals and entities driving last-mile solutions.
There were 24 award categories presented to entities and individuals for their efforts and achievements in 2022.
These stalwarts, presently and over the years have contributed immensely towards the promotion of Ghana’s FinTech competitive advantage and the journey to building a resilient FinTech space for economic growth and achieving financial inclusion.
The FinTech ecosystem and stakeholders are looking up to the regulator to offer more support to promote responsible innovation, and the Bank of Ghana is poised to deliver on that expectation.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- The Gambia hires US lawyers over syrup scandal – report
- Fear as Jamie Foxx left ‘paralyzed, blind’ from ‘brain clot’
- Kizz Daniels welcomes third child
- Jose Mourinho charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances