Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena will not play in the English Premier League this season as he has failed a medical at Brighton Hove & Albion.
All was set for Dwamena to complete his dream move to arguably the best league in the world for £10million from Swiss side FC Zurich, but Brighton have pulled out of the agreement after his medical tests on Friday.
Brighton agreed with FC Zurich for the permanent transfer of Dwamena, subject to work permit and international clearance.
The 21-year-old also agreed personal terms with the club and was given clearance to travel to the UK for his medical.
But following his medical Brighton released a statement confirming their withdrawal from the transfer.
The statement said: ‘Brighton & Hove Albion have withdrawn from the potential transfer of Raphael Dwamena, after the player failed the club's medical.
‘Albion had previously agreed terms with both Dwamena and FC Zurich over a potential deal for the 21-year-old, which would have been subject to a UK work permit.
‘The club would like to wish Raphael the very best for the future, as he returns to FC Zurich.’
This will come as huge blow for Dwamena, who has bagged 14 goals in total for Zurich since joining from Austrian club Lustenau.
He scored a brace on his Black Stars debut against Ethiopia in June.
For the Seagulls, It is the second time this summer they have pulled out of a deal due to a player failing a medical.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users