Audio By Carbonatix
Chelsea have confirmed they have received an offer for Brazilian defender Alex from a rival Premier League club, reported to be QPR.
New QPR boss Mark Hughes admitted on Wednesday that he was interested in signing players of the calibre of Alex, who handed in a transfer request last month, and Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas revealed a bid had been lodged for the centre-back.
"From what I know from my chief executive, there has been an approach from a Premier League club," Villas-Boas said. "It is a player who we have accepted a transfer request for, so we have to listen to offers.''
Chelsea are planning to replace Alex with Bolton's Gary Cahill, who they have struggled to agree personal terms with. Villas-Boas insisted he had set no deadline for a deal to be concluded, but was hopeful that would happen before the end of the week.
"Still an ongoing negotiation, not that we don't want it resolved as soon as possible,'' said Villas-Boas, who refused to criticise Cahill or his representatives over the player's wage demands. "I'm sure that all of the parties are protecting their interests.''
Meanwhile, Villas-Boas denied that Chelsea had made a reported £25 million bid for Lille star Eden Hazard but admitted he was a fan of the player.
The Blues boss confirmed Josh McEachran would go out on loan for the rest of the season - ostensibly to Swansea - after Saturday's game with Sunderland.
He also said Gael Kakuta's loan move to Dijon had not been concluded yet but expected it to happen "soon''.
The French club have announced the move on their website, but it is not yet finalised.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Toxic exposure from galamsey puts elderly at greater risk of kidney damage — Public health expert
4 minutes -
Big talk, small receipts: the politics of promises and policy
5 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana will reduce 70% medicine import dependence under five-year plan
8 minutes -
Study reveals high rate of uropathogens among Ghanaian elderly
10 minutes -
Christabel wins first Star Chef title as Big Chef Season 5 begins
11 minutes -
Tanker drivers begin three-day strike over alleged fuel measurement inaccuracies at BOST Kumasi
12 minutes -
Trump says US to reduce military drills with South Korea after it stayed out of Iran war
13 minutes -
Greater Manchester NDC UK branch elects new executives
14 minutes -
Ghana’s anti-corruption fight has stagnated— Transparency International
19 minutes -
UMB, ORC partner to make business registration easier for entrepreneurs
22 minutes -
Cedi is ‘long overdue for a refresh’ – Mahama
25 minutes -
GenCED urges NPP to extend 50% nomination fee reduction to women, youth and PWDs
30 minutes -
The source of cedi appreciation matters more than the appreciation itself
37 minutes -
Ashanti cocoa farmers welcome new COCOBOD Bill, back key reforms
40 minutes -
‘GoldBod is a very big scandal awaiting us’ – Afenyo-Markin
41 minutes