Boxing legend Azumah Nelson has confirmed the passing of his mother, Comfort Atwei Quarcoo.
She died on Monday, January 2, at the age of 86.
According to the family Madam Quarcoo passed on peacefully at home after months of illness.
In a brief statement, he said, “the bible says in all things we should give thanks to God so we thank the almighty for this one too. I spent time with her three days ago and could tell she was in pain so I know she is at peace now.”
“After raising her children well and seeing her grandchildren, she has done very well and deserves some rest. This is a celebration of life,” he added.
Azumah has also asked that Ghanaians keep him and his family in their prayers.
Details of the burial and funeral rites will be announced soon, the family said.
Azumah Nelson is a three-time World Boxing Champion, 2004 Boxing Hall of Fame inductee, Africa’s Greatest Boxer and WBC’s Greatest Superfeatherweight Boxer of All-Time.
He was also inducted into the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame in August 2022.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- Moving Health donates tricycle ambulances to 5 outlandish communities
- Rapper Edem meets Swizz Beatz, Paul Eckstein in Los Angeles
- I owe Ghana for contributing to my success – Basketmouth
- NPP directs party flags to fly at half-mast to mourn Philip Basoah
- Highlights of #SportsZone on JoyPrime: Monday, March 27, 2023
- ECG disconnects 3 blocks at Osu Police Barracks over power theft
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Drug addiction is a spiritual thing – Noah King
- Jr NBA: US Second Gentleman conducts all girls’ basketball clinic in Accra
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Institution of Engineering opens 53rd Conference in Takoradi
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria